Thanksgiving Inspiration Part 2

I already talked about some ideas I've had for Thanksgiving. I've also already said I am not hosting this year. But that doesn't have to stop me from coming up with menu ideas for other people (after all, planning the menu is half the fun). And decorating too, of course.
And remember to take a moment to say what you are thankful for.  Last year I think I said I was thankful for my job, and the cheese we had, which came off as cold-hearted maybe because the 5 year old who followed right after me was thankful for a brother to play with. Of course I am thankful for all the fabulous people in my life. But after hearing day after day on the news about how difficult it has been for so many people in terms of economic conditions, I am very, very thankful to have a job, and especially one I find really interesting. Sometimes maybe it is hard to take a step back from one's life and think about gratitude. It is easier to take things for granted. But let me attempt to do a better job of it than I did last year.

Things I am thankful for:
  •  My health
  • My husband who is the sweetest, smartest man in the world
  • My family who is never, ever boring.
  • Friends who understand you so well even if you don't see them very often.
  • All of our amazing wedding presents, and how much they contribute to us being able to prepare our meals effectively.
  • Pan-Am.
  • My boss, who is way smarter and competent than she ever really gets credit for. She really knows what she is doing, and you can't say that about everyone you'll ever work with.
  • All of the possible circumstances and decisions and minute gyrations in the world that have led me to this spot in my life where I am supremely happy, and where I get to have a day off just to go and eat my friend's amazing cooking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TWD, Baking with Julia: Pizza Rustica

French food at Chez Nous, Schenectady

Boca Bistro Bachelorette Party