TWD, Baking with Julia: Oasis Naan
As part of Tuesdays with Dorie using the book Baking with Julia, I made the Oasis Naan. I've made naan before, and this recipe is better. You can find the recipe at Always Add More Butter and at Of Cabbages and King Cakes. Check out all the other bakers here!
- We served it with lamb with vinegar and mint, and that worked out great.
- I thought the dough was very pliable and easy to work with, much like a pizza crust.
- I loved how pricking the dough with a fork creates some areas with a texture that is sponge-like and other areas with a crispier texture. It was a nice contrast.
- I also really liked the addition of the scallions. I think this could also be great with some garlic, ginger, or jalapenos sprinkled on top before baking.
- Overall, definitely a keeper. This recipe is so easy (you don't even need to get out a mixer or food processor) and delicious, that I think it will encourage us to cook more Indian food in the future.