TWD, Baking with Julia: Oasis Naan


As part of Tuesdays with Dorie using the book Baking with Julia, I made the Oasis Naan. I've made naan before, and this recipe is better. You can find the recipe at Always Add More Butter and at Of Cabbages and King Cakes. Check out all the other bakers here!

My thoughts:

  • We served it with lamb with vinegar and mint, and that worked out great.
  • I thought the dough was very pliable and easy to work with, much like a pizza crust.
  • I loved how pricking the dough with a fork creates some areas with a texture that is sponge-like and other areas with a crispier texture. It was a nice contrast. 
  • I also really liked the addition of the scallions. I think this could also be great with some garlic, ginger, or jalapenos sprinkled on top before baking. 
  • Overall, definitely a keeper. This recipe is so easy (you don't even need to get out a mixer or food processor) and delicious, that I think it will encourage us to cook more Indian food in the future.

Comments

  1. This was a nice easy recipe - it makes me want to whip up a batch of butter chicken or a nice dal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your naan looks very good! I did not use the scallions (I was out), but used sesame instead. They were yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sesame seeds is a great idea! I actually have another naan recipe that calls for poppy seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the sound of the dinner you served it with! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used it with lamb too: I soaked up leftover Keema Mattar with the cumin version. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TWD, Baking with Julia: Pizza Rustica

French food at Chez Nous, Schenectady

Boca Bistro Bachelorette Party