The Ginger Man

The Ginger Man is a cool place to meet people. Unlike some restaurants that have mostly booths, the Ginger Man has many tables that can seat 6 people or more. It is spacious and has a fun vibe. Their wines and cocktails are all really tasty, and (something I didn't know until very recently) they have a good amount of dedicated parking in behind the restaurant. I've shared some small plates with people before, and they were all had really interesting flavors and not too big of portions.

Which leaves us to the main attraction: Lamb Burger - Fresh ground and seasoned lamb on toasted brioche with radish-cucumber tzatziki, feta cheese and sweet potato fries. Mmmmmmmmm. If someone suggests going to the Ginger Man all I do is think about the lamb burger for like 3 days in advance. It is juicy, flavorful, it has cucumbers, and also the bread is light and airy. I will say I am not really a fan of sweet potato fries. I think that trend will die out in the coming years frankly. So I can't comment on too many of their other entrĂ©es because I just eat the one. I can't help it. It is like when you go into the music store and think "I could try something new that has gotten a lot of great reviews, or I could buy the new album of someone I've listened to for years". There is the classic adventure vs. comfort dilemma, and every time we go I think I am going to try something new or even one of the specials, but no - lamb burger it is.

It is just a great spot. With the convenient parking, tasty cocktails, small plates, and good location (which is especially good for St. Rose people), it works well for getting together with a group.

Comments

  1. Updated website for The Ginger Man Wine Bar and Restaurant is now - http://www.albanygingerman.com :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TWD, Baking with Julia: Pizza Rustica

French food at Chez Nous, Schenectady

Boca Bistro Bachelorette Party