The way to a woman's heart is through her stomach
Back when I first moved in with my husband I baked him a cake. I went to the store to buy some baking powder, and the woman behind me didn't approve of the brand I was buying. I said my boyfriend was teaching me how to cook, and that I had actually never made a cake before. She said it should have been the other way around - that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Well, the opposite was true, and I didn't eat much of anything before I met him (well, this). This weekend, while doing some Valentine's Day baking I finally got to the end of that can of baking powder (if you want to lecture me about it not being fresh after 3 years, well go ahead). I got to thinking about food in our relationship.
Happy Valentine's Day!
- We met in a diner where I'd pressure him to order milkshakes, and he'd try to talk me into eating some of his fries.
- I baked him a quiche. There was no air conditioning and there was a hot and sticky black leather futon.
- I moved in with him in Brooklyn, and baked a cake.
- We moved to Albany and shortly after went to Provence to mark our 2 year dating anniversary.
- We got engaged at Cafe Capriccio.
- There was a prewedding lunch in the bridal suite catered by New World, and some great food at our wedding. Our friend did a food themed poetry reading. There was cake.
- Then, on our honeymoon there was the roast chicken at Bouchon.