Heirloom Tomato Salad With Tarragon Dijon Vinaigrette
- Slice the tomatoes, add some salt, and place them in a collander over a bowl. Wait at least 15 minutes.
- As a result, not only will the tomatoes give of less moisture when they're in the salad, the juice serves as the base of the dressing.
- To the juice, whisk in two parts olive oil and one part each of good wine or sherry vinegar. (If you don't have lemons handy all vinegar is fine.)
- Add a teaspoon plus of good Dijon, which not only contributes good flavor but serves as an emulsifier. Whisk aggresively.
- Add tarragon; a little fresh if you have it, but for this herb dried works fairly well. Add salt and pepper to taste.