Hancock Shaker Village and Cafe

My friend at work was telling me about the baby animals at Hancock Shaker Village. She also said the cafe was amazing, so I really wanted to go. I loved seeing the baby animals in past years at Indian Ladder Farms, but my husband was not as impressed (though he may deny it now - in his defense it was a cold and rainy day that I wanted him to stand around and listen to me say "look how cute the little baby ducks are!!"). So it was good my friend Elizabeth agreed to go with me. Here is the part where I say to you "Look how cute the animals are!!" Here is the Round Stone Barn that holds the animals:





 Then we went to the Village Harvest Cafe. My friend really recommended it, and they grow their own vegetables so it sounded like a great choice. Here is the menu.

I had the "Open Faced Roast Beef on Grilled Farmers Bread with Shaker Mushroom Sauce, and Crispy Shallots", and lots of hazelnut coffee that I really enjoyed. The mushroom sauce was very flavorful and the vegetables tasted very fresh.


Elizabeth had the "Grilled Vine Ripe Tomato and Fresh Mozzarella with Pesto, Mesclun and balsamic on Focaccia Roll". Elizabeth had the vegetable slaw and I had the mesclun greens, and they were both very good.


Then we had bread pudding for dessert. Delicious!


The scenery is very beautiful.



Overall, great times! Talk about boys, balance in relationships, organizing a friendly, less competitive food swap more similar to the model of my office cooking exchange, my ambitions to be Ann Brashares, the products of your hobbies being judged, and of course baby animals! Lots of talk of baby animals! Thanks to my friend from work for recommending it to me!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TWD, Baking with Julia: Pizza Rustica

French food at Chez Nous, Schenectady

Boca Bistro Bachelorette Party