Southwestern Flavored Crackers

 We have a lot of cilantro from our CSA. I love it, but turns out some people (including my husband) hate it. So I decided to baked it all into some crackers. When I make things mostly for myself I go a little crazy. So along with the cilantro I chopped up some peppers and garlic and zested a couple limes.
 Our immersion blender we got as a wedding present also has a chopping attachment, which is so easy and chops things smaller than I ever could in like two seconds.
 Then put in the food processor 2 tablespoons butter, 1 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt.
 Process it and add 1/4 cup water, until it is a ball, adding more if necessary but not too much that it becomes sticky.
 I kneaded in my herb mixture. I got this great rollpat for the counter which makes everything much easier to clean up.
 I got this awesome pastry cutter as a wedding present, and after I rolled out the dough I cut the dough up in strips and scored squares so that they could be easily broken after they cooled. I also sprinkled some sea salt on them.
 I put them on the pizza stone at 400 degrees for 10 or 12 minutes depending on how thick you have rolled them out. The pizza stone rocks. There are so many things you can use it for - bread, pizza, crackers - and I could almost use another one. I put some cornmeal down so they wouldn't stick to the stone.
 Then I put them on cooling racks for a few minutes.
 They were tasty served with chili we made last night. Delicious! A great way to use up lots of herbs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TWD, Baking with Julia: Pizza Rustica

French food at Chez Nous, Schenectady

Boca Bistro Bachelorette Party