Here are things I love from here (quoted from the menu):
- "Flautas Mexicanas (3 corn tortillas rolled and stuffed with chicken, beef, or goat. Golden fried and topped with green sauce, sour cream and cheese)." This is what I had at my bachelorette party. Fun, crunchy, probably bad for you. I was living it up.
- "Pozole Y Tostada (A traditional Mexican stew with pork, simmered in its own broth, chile ancho, herbs and hominy. Served with a chicken tostada - No rice and beans)" This stew I love. You might not normally try soups at Mexican restaurants, but I find the broth incredible. Actually last time I got it a woman yelled across the restaurant and asked me what I was having because she thought it looked so delicious. Sometimes I don't finish it and eat the rest for lunch the next day, and it really holds up as leftovers (maybe even improves, like a good chili or bolognese).
- "Adovo Verde De Puerco (A pork chop cooked with cilantro and our green tomatillo sauce)" My husband does not care for pork or cilantro, but for me this dish is tangy, fresh tasting, and very satisfying. I love tomatillos.
- "Bistec A La Mexicana (Tender pieces of beef sauteed with onions, garlic, tomatoes and jalapeno peppers)" I know this type of thing is very easily replicated at home, but it is really so delicious. Just the right amount of spice.
- I am a huge fan of all of their Chile Rellenos, especially this one "Chile Relleno De Carne (A roasted poblano pepper stuffed with almonds, raisins, plantains and ground beef. Topped with a home made tomato sauce)" I had never quite had something like this before at a Mexican restaurant, and even though it is a huge portion I'd always finish it all off. In fact, there was a time period where I was fantasizing about this dish at random times during the week I was so obsessed with it.
- I love the sangria. A glass of the white enjoyed out on the patio during the summer couldn't be more sublime.
Anyways, love this place. Love that they branch out from just tacos and the like. Love that things actually taste spicy and fresh. We always take people from out of town here, and they always have a good time.